Ron Paul's fund raiser yesterday was a big success. He raised well over a million bucks in one day. I was a contributor. (A small amount to many perhaps...but I wanted to help regardless).
Why I support Ron Paul:
• He wants to end the Federal Reserve, which is neither federal nor a reserve. It is an institution owned by elite private banks. The same banks that were TBTF and got bailed out so execs involved could get giant bonuses. Debt money is printed and these crony private bankers receive interest via tax money. They use their money to buy out Congress and oppress the people.
• He wants to audit the Federal Reserve. Then we'll know how much money went to international banks.
• He wants to audit Fort Knox. Is there really any gold left there or has it been stolen by Fed cronies?
• He wants to end the wars that benefit money-mad, power-mad banks and select private corporations. He voted AGAINST the war in Iraq.
• He wants to end the ridiculous and expensive 'War on Drugs.'
• He never voted to raise taxes.
• He wants to end taxes on tips, thus helping hard working lower classes everywhere.
• He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
• He has never voted for federal restrictions on gun ownership.
• He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
• He voted against the pernicious Patriot Act.
• He is against the TSA.
• He is for sound money based on gold and silver.
• He wants to cut way back on nanny-state government which has continued to bloat and take away our rights.
• He is pro-Consitution and for restoring the Republic.