Saturday, July 13, 2019

Social Media Summit After Party

Here's a photo from the party held in a banquet room at the Trump International Hotel. I met nearly everyone here except for the woman in the center with the fancy dress. I think she's a singer. I didn't want to wear my hat, but Tina said it was part of my meme and I should keep it on, and as it turned out you wouldn't know I'm here if it weren't for my hat standing out. Anyway, there were a lot of young people there who were very smart, well spoken and many looked like movie stars to me. The guy with his thumbs up looked a lot like Sammy Davis Jr.

These mostly young people give me hope for the future. Some know more about what's going on than I do. 

The man on the very far left made sure I was invited. He's the famous meme master 'Carpe Donktum' and I gave him a proof copy of our coffee table book that originally I had intended to give the president. He was very happy to get it. I talked to the man in the red tie from "Mad Liberals" and he's a freaking genius at putting together meme videos.

I had a good time and toward the end a man who hadn't been at the party came suddenly came up to me and told me he loved my cartoons. He was associated with the White House in some capacity (my addled brain no longer remembers his name) and he told me that the president himself wanted me at the summit. Then things went awry, but oh well. It was still nice to hear since I wasn't sure the president even knew who I was.

OH-the guy seen left of me in the photo is Mark Dice. I did a commissioned cartoon for him once. He was fun to talk to as well. The young lady in the white shirt is Millie Weaver from InfoWars.


No comments: